Old Woolworth Store 2, Jacksonville, Fl.
The F. W. Woolworth Company (often referred to as Woolworth's or Woolworth or even Woolsworth) was a retail company that was one of the original American five-and-dime stores. The first store was founded by Frank Winfield Woolworth.
This building was built in 1917 on the corner of Main and Forsyth Streets, designed by architects Holmes & Ehmann. The five-and dime store in Jacksonville replaced the F W Company retail store. This Woolworth Building is now where Perdue Office Furniture is today. The company moved to the old building , American Heritage Life Annex building. This building is complemented by Brereton & Liggett, Kress and other buildings.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Florida-Jacksonville; Department stores; Woolworth Store; F. W. Woolworth; Five-dime stores; Duval County (Fl.); Jacksonville (Fl.)