Richard & Pace General Store
Call Street Historic District
Richard & Pace General Store, Starke, Fl.
The first general store of any importance was established in 1884-87 by Capt. John Charles Richard, who had a partner, George E. Pace. Known as the Richard & Pace General Store, the store did thriving business for years. Capt. Richard was born in Georgia. After his marriage to Mary Olmstead of Middleburg he moved to Jacksonville, where he did business in partnership with George E. Pace.
Contributing Building - Call Street Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #8500332
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial building-Florida-Starke; Richard & Pace General Store; George E. Pace; Capt. John Charles Richard; Historic district; Bradford County (Fl.); Starke (Fl.)