Ybor City Historic District
Simovitz Building, Tampa, Fl.
This commercial building was constructed in 1909. The Simovitz Building originally housed a saloon and dry goods store. It is a 2-story brick structure that retains many original characteristics. The storefronts have been altered but the upper level remains virtually intact. The double-hung sash windows on that level are circle-headed; those on the south facade are open, but those on the west have been bricked up. Decorative brickwork and corbelling appear at the cornice. The stepped parapet bears a panel with the Simovitz name in it. The building is in use as a nightclub.
Contributing Building - Ybor City Historic District - National Register of Historic Places National Historic Landmark NRIS and NHLS #74000641
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Florida-Tampa; Simovitz Building; Dry goods store; Salon; Night club; Historic district; Historic landmark; Hillsborough County (Fl); Ybor City; Tampa (Fl)