Thompson and Company Cigar Factory, Bartow, Fl.
The Cigar factory was built in 1925 along Third Avenue near East Church Street, where workers with the Thompson company hand-rolled cigars until the early 1960s, when the business closed after over 60 years. After that, ownership passed to the county and it became a distribution site for surplus government food.
Today it is in dire need of renovation or else it will be demolished. In 2011 it was listed among the most endangered historic sites. National Register of Historic Places NRIS #02000838
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Florida-Bartow; Thompson and Company Cigar Factory; Cigar factory; Endangered building; Polk County (Fl.); Bartow (Fl.)