Micanopy Historical Society Museum
National Register of Historic Places
Thrasher Warehouse, Micanopy, Fl.
The Thrasher Warehouse, located on Cholokka Boulevard at Early Street, was constructed circa 1890. The warehouse is a wood frame building with horizontal siding and a patterned shingle design in the west gable. The warehouse was used by J.E. Thrasher, Sr. as a part of the general merchandise business which he opened in 1896. In 1911 J.E. Thrasher, Sr. moved his groceries, furniture, and dry goods into the warehouse and operated his business from it until he completed the two-story brick building in the next block.
Today, the property is owned by the town of Micanopy, Florida and is the home of the Micanopy Historical Society Museum. The warehouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Contributing Building - National Register of Historic Places - Micanopy Historic District NRIS #83003512