Thomasville Commercial Historic District
Upchurch Building, Thomasville, GA.
The Upchurch Building was constructed in 1916 by W. J. Upchurch, many doctors, dentists, and lawyers had offices in this building. In the early 60s, the upper floors were vacated and neglected, and fell into ruin. The property was eventually purchased and restored and the fifth floor returned to its original splendor as a magnificent ballroom. It was also the Business Exchange.
Contributing Building - Thomasville Commercial Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #84001258
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Georgia-Thomasville; Upchurch Building; The Business Exchange; Doctor offices; Lawyer offices; Historic district; Thomas County (Ga.); Thomasville (Ga.)