Newberry Historic District
White Building, Newberry, Fl.
This building was constructed in 1906 by John G. White. In an old photo, the sign above White's general store reads, "Clothing, Shoes and Coffins." He built this for his general store in which he sold jewelry, ready to wear clothes, furniture and coffins. It later became the offices of Museum Services.
Contributing Building - Newberry Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #87002150
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Florida-Newberry; White Building; General Store; John G. White; Business offices; Historic district; Alachua County (Fl.); Newberry (Fl.)