Carnegie Library of Albany
Carnegie Library of Albany, Albany, GA.
The Carnegie Library of Albany is located on N Jackson St next to the Albany Municipal Auditorium, Albany, GA. Carnegie Library, named for its benefactor Andrew Carnegie and built in 1906, served as the main library until 1966.
In 1992, Carnegie Library became the administrative offices of the Albany Area Arts Council and serves as an arts welcome center, a meeting facility for arts & entertainment organizations, and an excellent site for receptions and meetings. The building can be rented for private functions.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places NRIS # 82002404, in 1993 Carnegie Library was presented the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation Award for Outstanding Adaptive-Use Rehabilitation.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Carnegie Library; Andrew Carnegie; Bruce; Morgan; and Dillon -architects; Laurens County Historical Society and Museum; Public library buildings; Dougherty County (Ga); Albany (Ga.); Libraries-Georgia-Albany.; Images