Carnegie Library West Tampa
West Tampa Historic District
Carnegie Library, West Tampa, FL.
The West Tampa Free Public Library was a gift from one immigrant - Scotsman and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. On New Year Day in 1914, marked the opening of the first library in Hillsborough County. It was one of 10 Carnegie libraries built in Florida from the early 1900s to about 1917.
Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library will begin celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2014 and is looking to make a digital history of the local community’s photographs, memorabilia and stories. The historic West Tampa Branch Library, is located at 2312 W. Union St. in Tampa.
Contributing Building - West Tampa Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #83003539
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Carnegie Library West Tampa; Carnegie Libraries; Public library buildings; Historic district; Andrew Carnegie; Hillsborough County (Fl.); Tampa (Fl.); Libraries-Florida-Tampa.