Cape St. George Lighthouse
The Cape St George Lighthouse and Keeper's House is located near the southern tip of Saint George Island, Florida. Built in 1852, it is the third lighthouse on the island. The light was deactivated in 1994. In 2005, the tower collapsed into the Gulf of Mexico. Using salvaged pieces and original plans from the National Archives, the lighthouse and Keeper's House reopened to the public in 2008. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (#74000625). The house is now the gift shop for the lighthouse association.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lighthouses--Florida--Saint George Island; Dwellings--Florida--Saint George Island; Saint George Island (Fla.); Lighthouses