Ft King George Sentry Box, Ft King George, GA.
The Fort King George was established in 1721 as the first fortification in colonial Georgia, some 12 years before the colony was officially established. The fort's purpose was to provide a deterrent to Spanish and French settlement of the area. Four sentry boxes were provided , one at each corner of the compound, to guard the fort.
National Register of Historic Places NRIS #71001101
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Ft King George Sentry Box; Sentry Box; Fort; McIntosh County (Ga.); Fort King George (Ga.); Forts -- Georgia -- Fort King George.