Alachua County Courthouse
Alachua County Courthouse Marker, Gainesville, FL.
This marker is located on the front lawn of the old Alachua County Courthouse.
The marker reads as :
" The Alachua County Commission, by authority of the Florida Legislature, selected this site for a courthouse in 1854, moving the county seat from Newnansville. The first courthouse was a frame building completed in 1856. It was demolished on the completion of a red brick courthouse in 1886. The current building, completed in 1958, and its 1962 addition, were erected in response to the continuing expansion of governmental needs in Alachua County."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Alachua County Courthouse Marker; Alachua County Courthouse; Historical markers; Alachua County (Fl.); Gainesville (Fl.); Historical markers -- Florida -- Gainesville.