Albert A. Murphree Hall
Albert A. Murphree Hall Plaque, UF, Gainesville, FL.
Murphree Hall was built in 1939. During the Great Depression, architect Rudolph Weaver built the hall in the same collegiate gothic style as its neighboring dormitories. Murphree Hall is among the buildings constituting the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a historic area added to the National Register in 1989. It is named after Albert A. Murphree, the second president of University of Florida.
This is the plaque on the wall of the Albert A Murphree Hall, at the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Albert A Murphree Hall Plaque; Albert A Murphree Hall; Albert A Murphree -- University president; University of Florida; Rudolph Weaver -architect; Alachua County (Fl.); Gainesville (Fl.); Historical markers -- Florida -- Gainesville.