Bryan Neck Presbyterian Church
Bryan Neck Presbyterian Church Marker, Keller, GA.
This marker is located outside the Bryan Neck Presbyterian Church, Georgia. It was erected by the Georgia Historical Society, Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church, and Richmond Hill Historical Society.
It reads as follows :
" This church, the oldest congregation in lower Bryan County, was certified by the Presbytery of Georgia in 1830. Its founders included rice planters on Bryan Neck, among them Thomas Savage Clay, Richard James Arnold and George Washington McAllister. The first meeting house was constructed in 1839 three miles north of this site on the Bryan Neck Road. The current sanctuary, the oldest public building in Bryan County, was built in 1885 after the first building burned. The cemetery, known as Burnt Church Cemetery, remains at the original site and includes the graves of the church’s prominent early members."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Bryan Neck Presbyterian Church Marker; Bryan Neck Presbyterian Church; Bryan Neck-- rice planter; Burnt Church Cemetery; Historical marker; Bryan County (Ga.); Keller (Ga.); Historical markers --- Georgia --- Keller.