Camp at Sanderson Marker, Sanderson, Fl.
This marker is located on the U S Hwy.90 in Sanderson, Florida. It was sponsored by the Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials 1961 .
It reads as :
" This site was used by both Union and Confederate soldiers as a camp during the campaign of 1864. The camp was used as a Confederate supply depot but it was abandoned on February 9, 1864. From the 9th to the 13th, it was held by Federals and used as a base for raids on Lake City and Gainesville. On February 20 the site was by Federals attacking Olustee. In retreat from Olustee the camp again fell into Confederate hands."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Camp at Sanderson Marker; Camp at Sanderson; Union & Confederate soldiers; Baker County (Fl.); Sanderson (Fl.); Historical markers --- Florida --- Sanderson.