Confederate Monument, Chester, SC
Confederate Monument, Chester, SC.
The historic Confederate Monument erected in May 10,1905 was designed by McNeil Marble Company of Gainesville, Georgia, of granite. The same granite was used to build the lower section of the Washington Monument.
It was erected at the town square in Chester to honor the men who gave their lives for the confederacy. It stands 41 feet high. The large public unveiling took place on June 27, 1905 to read the inscription written by Judge W.H. Brawley of Chester, S.C.
It was co administered by City of Chester, Chester, South Carolina & Daughters of the Confederacy, Chester, South Carolina.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Chester Confederate Monument; Sculpture; Confederate monuments; Chester County (SC); Memorials -- South Carolina --- Chester.