Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse;Mosquito Inlet Lighthouse
The Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse is located Ponce Inlet, Florida. Built in 1886, it was automated in 1953. Originally known as the Mosquito Inlet Lighthouse, the name was changed for tourism purposes in 1927. At 175 feet, this conical brick tower is the tallest in the state. In 1972, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse Preservation Association was formed to restore and operate the light as a museum. Restoration was completed in 2004. This is on the National Register of Historic Places and a National Historic Landmark (NRIS and NHLS #72000355).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lighthouses--Florida--Ponce Inlet; Ponce Inlet (Fla.); Lighthouses