St. Augustine Lighthouse oil storage/keeper's office building
The St. Augustine lighthouse's keeper's office and oil storage building is located on the north end of Anastasia Island in Saint Augustine, Florida. It was built in 1874 and in use until a new building was built in 1890 at a safer distance from the tower. The current tower was built in 1874 and automated in 1971. In 1990, the Junior Service League signed a lease for the property. In 1998, it became the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum, a separate entity from the Junior League. In 2002, the lighthouse was given to the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum. This is a part of the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #81000668).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Multipurpose buildings--Florida--Saint Augustine; Lighthouses--Florida--Saint Augustine; St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum; Lighthouses