First Baptist Church of Christ, Macon
First Baptist Church of Christ Marker, Macon, GA.
This marker was erected by The Georgia Historical Society and the First Baptist Church of Christ at Macon, at the First Baptist Church of Christ, in Macon Georgia.
The marker reads as :
" This church was founded in 1826 as the city’s first Baptist congregation. It was first located at the site of the present Bibb County Courthouse. The fourth and final move, to this site, occurred in 1883 and the current building was dedicated in 1887. The church was instrumental in the formation of several local congregations including Mabel White Memorial Baptist Church. In 1903 the congregation funded construction of the first Southern Baptist hospital in a foreign land, the Warren Memorial hospital in Hwanghien, China. It was named for Dr. Ebenezer W. Warren, pastor here in 1860-71 and 1879-91."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; First Baptist Church of Christ Marker; First Baptist Church of Christ; Warren Memorial hospital; Dr. Ebenezer W. Warren - pastor; Bibb County (Ga.); Macon (Ga.); Historical marker --- Georgia --- Macon.