First Methodist Church
First Church Building Marker, Tampa, Fl.
First Methodist Church 1851 - 1891 , is located on Kennedy Blvd & Marion Street, Tampa, Florida.
The marker stands outside the church and reads as :
" Site of Tampa´s First Church Building and first frame ecclesiastical House of Worship erected in the area of all South Florida. Built by the Methodist congregation under the superintendence of the Rev. L. G. Lesley.
General T. J. "Stonewall" Jackson contributed $5 in gold to its building fund; and General O. O. Howard, head of the Freedmen´s Bureau, Founder of Howard College, Washington, D.C. was converted therein. "
Erected by the Hillsborough County Historical Commission
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; First Church Building Marker; First Methodist Church; Historic marker; Hillsborough County (Fl.); Tampa (Fl.); Historical marker --- Florida --- Tampa.