Flemington Presbyterian Church
Flemington Presbyterian Church Marker, Flemington, GA.
Flemington Presbyterian Church Historical Marker is located on Old Sunbury Rd .8 miles west of US 84 in Flemington, Georgia.
The text on the marker reads as :
" Organized in 1815 as the Church and Society of Gravel Hill, this was a branch of Midway Church. The Rev Robert Quarterman was the first pastor. The first edifice was built in 1836 on land donated by Simon Fraser. This one was completed in 1852. Named Flemington in 1850 honoring William Fleming, it was separated from Midway in 1865. In 1866 it was admitted to the Georgia Presbytery with the Rev. D. B. Buttolph, pastor; W. E. W. Quarterman, Thomas Cassels, Ezra Stacy, James Laing, elders; S. A. Fraser, L. M. Cassels, deacons. Ezra Stacy was first Sunday School Superintendent. Bell and silver communion service are from Midway Church."
Georgia Historical Commission 1957.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Flemington Presbyterian Church Marker; Flemington Presbyterian Church; William Fleming,Church; Liberty County (Ga.); Flemington (Ga.); Historical markers -- Georgia -- Flemington.