Flowery Branch Depot
The Flowery Branch Depot Marker, Flowery Branch, GA.
This marker is located at the depot on Railroad Ave at the intersection with Main St, Flowery Branch, GA.
The text on the marker reads as :
" Cotton, leather and furniture, as well as manufactured items from the region passed through these walls, as did passengers during its working years (c.1890-1970s) as a Richmond & Danville Railroad and Southern Railway System Depot. Sold to the City of Flowery Branch for $1.00 in 1972, the building was later rehabilitated with Federal Transportation Enhancement Funding through the Georgia Department of Transportation, and moved from its original site directly across Railroad Ave. (RR property), to this location, 5302 Railroad Ave. (original site of the Carlisle General Merchandising Building, now City Property). In 2001, the rehabilitated building was dedicated to its new use as a museum and community center. The Depot both educates citizens and gives a special identity to the historic Main Street displaying its significance to Georgia's railroad and town development history."
Presented September, 2008, by Friends of the Depot, Flowery Branch, Georgia, Inc., Flowery Branch Better Hometown, Inc., and Flowery Branch Historic Preservation Commission.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; The Flowery Branch Depot Marker; Southern Railway System Depot; Museum; Community Center; Hall County (Ga.); Flowery Branch (Ga.); Historical markers --- Georgia ---Flowery Branch.