Forsyth County Marker, Cumming, GA.
This marker is located in the courthouse lawn in Cumming, Georgia. It was placed by the Georgia Historical Commission 1956.
The text on the marker reads as :
" Forsyth County was created by Act of Dec. 3, 1832 from Cherokee County. It was named for Gov. John Forsyth (1780-1841), a native of Frederick Co., Va., a graduate of Princeton, and gifted Georgia lawyer. He was Attorney-General of Ga., Congressman, Senator, Minister to Spain, Governor, and Secretary of State under Presidents Jackson and Van Buren. First officers of Forsyth County, commissioned April 20, 1833, were: John Blaylock, Clerk of Superior Court; Thomas Burford, County Surveyor; Alston B. Wilborn, Coroner. Hubbard Barker was commissioned Sheriff, January 31, 1834. "
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Forsyth County Marker; Gov. John Forsyth; Forsyth County; Cumming Courthouse; Historical marker --- Georgia --- Cumming.