Tybee Island Lighthouse
The Tybee Island Lighthouse is located on the northeast corner of Tybee Island, Georgia. Built in 1866, this is the fourth tower for the island. The previous three towers were lost due to erosion and the Civil War. The light was automated in 1972. The Tybee Island Historical Society renovated the tower in 1998 and in 2002 took possession of the light station.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lighthouses--Georgia--Tybee Island; Tybee Island (Ga.); Lighthouses