Grady County Marker, Cairo, GA.
This marker is located at 250 North Broad Street Cairo, Georgia. This was sponsored by the Georgia Historical Commission in 1996..
The text on the marker reads as :
" This County, created by Act of the Legislature Aug. 17, 1905, is named for Henry W. Grady, nationally famous editor and `silver tongued orator` of the New South. Born in Athens, Ga., in 1850 and educated at the Universities of Georgia & Virginia, he died in 1889. Among he first County Officers were: Sheriff D.W. Tyus, Ordinary P.H. Herring, Clerk of Superior Court W.T. Crawford. Tax Receiver W.R. Wynn, Tax Collector R.W. Ponder, Treasurer M.G. McManus, Surveyor D.A. Jones, Coroner E.G. Harrell, School Commissioner J.B. Wright and Representative R.R. Terrell."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Grady County Marker; Henry W. Grady; Grady County (Ga.); Cairo (Ga.); Historical marker --- Georgia --- Cairo.