Laurens County Marker, Dublin, GA.
This marker is located in traffic island adjacent to front of courthouse, Dublin, Georgia.
The text on the marker reads as :
" Laurens County was created by Act, of Dec. 10, 1807 from Wilkinson County. Originally it contained all of Pulaski and part of Johnson Counties. Among prominent residents of Laurens County were Gov. Geo. M. Troup and Gen. David Blackshear. It was named for Col John Laurens (1755- 1782), aide-de-camp to Gen. Washington. He fought with gallantry at Brandywine, Germantown, Monmouth, Savannah and Charleston. First officers of Laurens County, commissioned Jan. 14, 1808 were: James Thompson, Sheriff; Amos Love, Clk. Sup. Ct.; James Yarborough, Clk. Inf. Ct.; John Thomas, Surveyor; William Yarborough, Coroner."
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Laurens County Marker; Laurens County; Col John Laurens; Historical markers --- Georgia --- Dublin.