High Springs Opera House
High Springs Historic District
High Springs Opera House, High Springs, Fl.
The Opera House was originally designed and built as a socially acceptable venue for entertainment in the then rowdy railroad town of High Springs in 1895. Henry Richardson purchased the High Springs property in 1891 and built the Opera House in 1895. The building was designed in the Romanesque Revival style of architecture. The current owners, Bob and Karen Bentz, spent more than two years restoring the entire building. The first floor of this historical opera house is home to the award winning Great Outdoors Restaurant, Springhouse Tavern, Outdoor Patio and River Bar, while the second floor is home to the Opera House Banquet and Conference Facility.
Conveniently located in historic downtown High Springs midway between Gainesville and Lake City Florida, our meeting venues and event spaces bring history and nature together in an elegant setting. The Opera House Banquet and Conference Facility in High Springs is now the perfect choice when planning your next meeting, conference, social event, or wedding in Central Florida
Contributing Building - High Springs Historic District - National Register of Historic Places
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; High Springs Opera House; Henry Richardson; Romanesque Revival style; Opera House Banquet; Conference Facility; Great Outdoor Restaurants; Historic district; Alachua County (Fl.); Theaters --- Florida --- High Springs.