Elbert Theater, Elbertson, GA.
The Elbert Theatre opened on February 11, 1940, as the most advanced movie theatre in Northeast Georgia. Built in the art deco style by Lucas and Jenkins, it featured air conditioning, RCA Hi-Fi sound, Simplex Eurprex projection, an Evenlight diffusing screen, hearing aids, extra large seats in a staggered formation for optimum viewing, and a “magic eye” drinking fountain.
The theatre was in operation for 30 years, then the building fell into disrepair until it was bought and renovated by the City of Elberton. Renovation was completed in 2005. it is today used as a community building and rented out for special events.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Elbert Theater; Movie theater; Renovation; Community Building; Elbert County (Ga.); Theaters --- Georgia --- Elbertson --- Elbert County.