Superintendant's Residence(North Carolina School for the Deaf)
North Carolina School for the Deaf Historic District
Superintendent's Residence North Carolina School for the Deaf ,Morganton, NC
The North Carolina School for the Deaf is a state-supported residential school for deaf children established in 1894, in Morganton, North Carolina, USA.
This was built in 1902 in the Colonial revival style. The North Carolina School for the Deaf Historical Museum is located in the former superintendent's home at 517 West Fleming Drive in Morganton. Founded in 1977, The museum tells the history of the school and its students, and includes school artifacts, clothing, newspapers, school publications, yearbooks, photos, scrapbooks, furniture, and other materials. It is free and open to public.
Contributing Building - North Carolina School for the Deaf Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #89000325
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Superintendant's Residence; North Carolina School for the Deaf; North Carolina School for the Deaf Historical Museum; Historic district; Burke County (NC); Residential --- Schools --- North Carolina --- Morganton.