South Ward School
South Ward School 4 Clearwater FL
The South Ward School is a historic school in Clearwater, Florida. It is located at 610 South Fort Harrison Avenue. On June 18, 1979, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Superintendent Mike Grego recommended, and the School Board approved, leasing one of the county's oldest remaining school buildings, the former South Ward Elementary near downtown Clearwater, to the nonprofit Clearwater Historical Society. Under the 50-year agreement, the historical society will maintain and insure the property on S Fort Harrison Avenue, relieving the School District of that expensive burden.
The 4000 sq. foot building opened as a school in 1906 and closed in 2008. Now it will have a second life as a museum.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; South Ward School; Historic school; Clearwater Historical Society; Museum; Pinellas County (Fl.); Clearwater; Schools --- Florida --- Clearwater.