South Jacksonville Grammar School, The Lofts San Marco
South Jacksonville Grammar School , Jacksonville FL
The South Jacksonville Grammar School (also known as The Lofts San Marco) is a historic school building in Jacksonville, Florida, United States. It is located at 1450 Flagler Avenue. On April 15, 2004, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
It was built in 1917, and designed by Mark and Sheftall architects, who were students of Henry J Klutho. It served as a public elementary school until 1971. Eventually the building was put to administrative use by the Duval County School Board. It was sold to the Cesery Companies in 2001 , who redeveloped into the San Marco's first Lofts (38 units of live/work/play project.)
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; South Jacksonville Grammar School; Mark and Sheftall - architects; Historic building; The Lofts San Marco; Duval County (Fl.); Schools --- Florida --- Jacksonville --- Duval County.