Rondthaler Hall North Carolina School for the Deaf
North Carolina School for the Deaf Historic District
Rondthaler Hall North Carolina School for the Deaf , Morganton, NC
The North Carolina School for the Deaf is a state-supported residential school for deaf children established in 1894, in Morganton, North Carolina, USA.
The school is on a national historic district campus in Morganton, North Carolina with 12 buildings on 160 acres of land. They include the main building, classroom buildings, recreational facilities, the original infirmary, staff housing, and farm buildings.
The Rondthaler Hall (Vocational Shop) was built in 1928. It is a three story brick building. It has a segmentally arched central entrance. It was named after Howard E. Ronthaler , president of the Board of Directors, distinguished scholar, teacher, churchman.
Contributing Building - North Carolina School for the Deaf Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #89000325
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Rondthaler Hall North Carolina School for the Deaf; North Carolina School for the Deaf; Rondthaler Hall; Brick building; Historic district; Burke County (NC); Schools --- North Carolina --- Morganton ---Burke County.; Images