Old Public School Number 8
Old Public School Number 8 Enterprise FL
This building was built in 1936. In early 2004, the Volusia County School Board donated the historic Enterprise Elementary School building (c. 1936) to The Enterprise Preservation Society. To escape demolition, the 3,000 sq. foot building, originally used for educating grades 7-10 and then as a community food pantry, had to be moved from the school campus.
In June of 2007, the building was moved about 1/8 of a mile across Main Street, where it begins its new life as The Enterprise Heritage Center and Town Hall.
The interior of the building is in surprisingly good shape, retaining many of its original features, especially on the second floor. After renovation, the building will be open to the public, as a permanent display space for the extensive collection of historic letters, documents, photos, artifacts and other material owned by The Enterprise Preservation Society.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Old Public School; Enterprise Elementary School; Enterprise Preservation Society; The Enterprise Heritage Center; Town Hall; Volusia County (Fl.); Schools --- Florida --- Enterprise --- Volusia County.