Ocala High School
Ocala Historic District
Ocala High School 2, Ocala, Fl.
The Class of 1961 entered Ocala High School in the fall of 1958....the school had Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Classes. The School's name was changed to Forest High School in the early 70's when Vanguard High School was opened and the enrollment redistributed. The Forest High School has moved to its current location on Maricamp Road, southeast of the limits of Ocala in 2005. This building is now the site of MTI...Marion Technical Institute. It was designed by architects Mark and Sheftall.
Contributing Building - Ocala Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #84000912