Lola Culver Elementary School
Lola Culver Elementary 2 , Jacksonville FL
Built in 1916 and designed by Henry John Klutho to educate the children of this working class neighborhood, the school was originally called Panama Park Grammar School. The school once served as the only public school in this area of North Jacksonville, operating within the Duval County School system. It served 262 students in grades PK -5. Minority enrollment was 80%. It closed its doors in 2009.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lola Culver Elementary School; Klutho, Henry John, 1873-1964; Panama Park Grammar School; Panama Park; Duval County (Fl.); Schools -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- Duval County