Columbia County High School
Lake City Commercial Historic District
Columbia County High School, Lake City FL
The original Columbia County High School is a historic building in Lake City, Florida, United States, located at 528 West Duval Street. It is now the location of Columbia County School District administrative offices.
It was built in 1921 and was the only high school in Columbia County. When enrollment exceeded capacity, it was replaced in 1957 by a larger facility on Pennsylvania Avenue, which was named Columbia High School. The original high school was used as the school board administrative offices for a time, then converted into Lake City Junior High School in the mid-1970s.
The Columbia County Schools administrative offices returned to the building after Lake City Middle School was constructed and opened in 1990. On November 15, 1993, the building was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places NRIS #93001157. Contributing Building - Lake City Commercial Historic District .
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Columbia County High School; High School,Historic building; Lake City Commercial Historic District; Administrative offices; Columbia County (Fl.); Schools --- Florida --- Lake City --- Columbia County.