Worth Co Marker , Sylvester GA.
This marker is located at Courthouse in Sylvester, GA
It reads as :
" This County created by Act of the Legislature Dec. 20, 1853 is named for Maj. Gen. Wm. J. Worth of Mexican War fame under whose command served Maj. William A. Harris, a leader in the organization of the new County. Among the first County Officers were: Sheriff James G. Brown, Clerk of Superior & Inferior Courts Wm. A. Johnston, Ordinary James M. Ford, Tax Receiver Jeremiah Spring, Tax Collector A.D. Mattox, Surveyor Thos. B. Arline, Coroner Jas. A. Oliver, State Senator Wm. A. Harris and State Representative M. Simmons."
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Worth County Marker; Worth County (Ga.); Maj. Gen. Wm. J. Worth; Historical marker --- Georgia --- Sylvester.