White Plains Baptist Church
White Plains Baptist Marker GA
The text on the marker reads as :
" White Plains Baptist Church was organized in 1806, with all four sanctuaries located here. The current sanctuary was constructed in 1887. Welcoming its first African-American member in 1812, both races worshipped together until 1869. In the late 1820s the church was instrumental in the founding of Siloam Baptist Church, formerly a branch of this church. To date only 20 pastors have served here. James H. Kilpatrick, pastor from 1854 to 1908, also served as moderator of the Georgia Baptist Association for 23 years and as president of the Georgia Baptist Convention for 6 years."
Placed By Georgia Historical Society and the White Plains Baptist Church in 1999.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor,Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; White Plains Baptist Marker; White Plains Baptist Church; Greene County (Ga.); Historical marker --- Georgia --- White Plains.