Wesley Chapel / Trinity
Wesley Chapel Trinity Marker , Savannah GA.
It is Located on Reynold's Square on reverse of John Wesley's American Parish marker, Savannah, GA This is a two sided marker.
The text reads as:
" In 1812 The Methodist Church in Savannah was formally established with the founding of Wesley Chapel at Lincoln & Oglethorpe Streets. Bishop Francis Asbury dedicated that building in 1813. In 1848 the congregation built a new church on Telfair Square. Since the Methodist Centennial of 1884, Trinity has been recognized as "The Mother Church of Savannah Methodism." In 1995, the General Commission on Archives and History expanded the National Historic Landmark to include Wesley Chapel/Trinity, thereby celebrating the permanent return of the Wesleyan Spirit to "John Wesley´s American Parish."
Presented by the Commission on Archives and History The United Methodist Church, 1999
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Wesley Chapel Trinity Marker; Wesley Chapel Trinity; Methodist Church; Chatham County (Ga.); Historical marker --- Georgia --- Savannah.