Site of First Randolph County Courthouse Marker, Cuthbert, Ga.
This marker is located in the Town Square in Cuthbert in Randolph County, Georgia.
It reads as :
" The area of this square marks the site of the first and second courthouses of Randolph County. The first, a two-story frame building, was erected in 1836. It was replaced in 1842 by a brick structure with entrances facing in four directions[.] A high fence with four stiles encloses the area. When the present courthouse, one block north, was completed in 1886, this `Old Courthouse Lot` was conveyed to the city of Cuthbert `for use as a public park forever.`
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE RANDOLPH COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Site of First Randolph County Courthouse Marker; Site of First Randolph County Courthouse; Townsquare; Randolph County (Ga.); Historical marker --- Georgia --- Cuthbert ---Randolph County.