Thomasville Municipal Auditorium CS, GA. Thomasville Municipal Auditorium is located in downtown Thomasville at the intersection of East Jackson Street and South Crawford Street. Built in 1940 as a town hall, the auditorium seats a total of 1,171, with 833 seats on the orchestra level and 338 seats on the balcony level.
A Luce Hujus--Thomasville, Georgia
The Colony of Georgia became the fourth state of the union in 1788. Thomas County was organized by act of the state Legislature--1825.
The Town of Thomasville was created and made county site--1826.
Original Town Commissioners 1831: Isaac Brooks, Malcolm Ferguson, James Kirksey, Murdock McAuley and Edward Remington who was named president by the Board of Commissioners.
The City of Thomasville Received a New Charter in 1889.
The Seal of the City was designed by Robert H. Harris, Mayor 1867-69
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.,Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; city halls - municipal buildings; Auditorium; Cornerstone; Historical markers; Historic buildings; Thomasville GA.