Osceola County Marker, Kissimmee, Fl.
This is located on the grounds of the county Courthouse, in Kissimmee in Florida.
The marker reads as : (Side 1)
" Osceola County was created in May 1887 from portions of Orange and Brevard Counties. One of its sponsors was Senator J. Milton Bryan, who suggested the new county be named for Osceola, the great Seminole warrior. The new county was Florida's fortieth and had 815 citizens. Kissimmee was named the county seat. In 1889, Osceola citizens voted a $30,000 bond issue to build this Romanesque Revival style courthouse, which has remained in daily use since 1890. It's significance was recognized by its listing in the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. "
Sponsored by Kissimmee business and professional women's club in cooperation with department of state
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Osceola County Marker; Osceola County; Osceola County (Fl.); Kissimmee (Fl.); Historical markers --- Florida --- Kissimmee.; Images