Old Spanish Quarries Marker (Reverse), St Augustine, FL.
The marker reads as : (side 2) continued from front
" On July 21, 1821, Major General Andrew Jackson, Florida's first Territorial Governor, established St. Johns County, with St. Augustine as the county seat. It contained all of Florida east of the Suwannee River, approximately 39,400 square miles, with over 1,100 miles of coastline. Since 1821, more counties have been carved from St. Johns' original boundaries, reducing it to 609 square miles of land area. "
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Old Spanish Quarries Marker; Old Spanish Quarries; Major General Andrew Jackson; St Johns County (Fl.); St Augustine (Fl.); Historical markers --- Florida --- St Augustine.