Old City Hall and Fire Station
Madison Historic District
Old City Hall and Fire Station Madison GA
Established in 1809, Madison is the seat and the largest town in Morgan County.
The Madison-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce, located on the square in the historic town hall and fire station building, has a great vantage point to view the bustling retail, professional, and service businesses. This was built in c1887 and located on 115 Easy Jefferson Street. This two story building served as the Madison's City hall and Fire Station, until the new City hall was built in 1930's.the building was purchased by the Madison-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. and was fully restored for use.
Contributing Building - Madison Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #74000696 and #89002159
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Old City Hall and Fire Station Building; Chamber of Commerce; Two story building; Historic district; Morgan County (Ga.); Clubs/associations --- Georgia --- Madison --- Morgan County.; Images