Masonic Temple of Citrus Lodge
Masonic Temple of Citrus Lodge #118 1 Inverness , Florida.
The Masonic Temple of Citrus Lodge No. 118, F. and A.M. refers to a historic 3-story building designed by prominent Florida architect Wilbur B. Talley and built in 1910 at the corner of West Main Street (now Old Main Street) and South Pine Avenue in Inverness, Citrus County, Florida.
It is also known as Inverness Masonic Temple. The first floor was used for retail stores, second for professional offices and third for lodge hall and Masonic uses. In 1965 Citrus Lodge decided to build a new building and sold this to a series of private owners.
On October 20, 2000, the City of Inverness placed a commemorative plaque on the building. The building was purchased by the Drywell Group, LLC in 2006 and they proceeded to renovate and restore the interior and exterior. Today the building is known as the "Masonic Business Center," and the first floor continues to be used for retail shops, among them a Subway submarine sandwich shop.
National Register of Historic Places NRIS #10000387
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Masonic Temple of Citrus Lodge; Masonic Temple; Wilbur B. Talley - architect; 3 storey building; Inverness Masonic Temple; Masonic Business Center; Citrus County (Fl.); Clubs /associations --- Florida --- Inverness.; Images