Georgia Southwestern College Historic District
Wheatley Hall 1 GSWSU Americus GA
Crawford Wheatley Hall, GSWSU (Georgia Southwestern State University), named for the honorable Crawford Wheatley who became treasurer of the institution’s Board of Trustees, was constructed during the years of 1911 and 1912 at a cost of $17,500.
This two-story brick structure provided a dining hall on the first floor and a women’s residence facility on the second floor. The facility features fully wired, multipurpose computer labs, faculty offices and specialized workspace for one-of-a-kind software development. This was needed for the CIS department and other growing programs .
Contributing Building - Third District A & M School--Georgia Southwestern College Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #07001002
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Crawford Whaetley Hall; Crawford Wheatley; Multi purpose labs; Faculty Offices; GSWSU ( Georgia Southwestern State University); Sumter County (Ga.); Historic district; College campuses --- Georgia --- Americus.