University of Florida Campus Historic District
Murphree Hall 2 UF, Gainesville, Fl.
Murphree Hall is a historic student residence building located in the Murphree Area on the northern edge of the University of Florida campus in Gainesville, Florida. It was designed by architect Rudolph Weaver in the Collegiate Gothic style and completed in 1939. The building was named for Albert A. Murphree, the university's second president, Murphree Hall is also located on the old side of campus and is very close to the library and the Florida gym. Murphree Hall is also the home of the Returning Gators Sophomore Program Murphree Hall is a historic student residence building.
Murphree Hall is a contributing property in the University of Florida Campus Historic District which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 20, 1989 Contributing Building - University of Florida Campus Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #89000322
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Murphree Hall; University of Florida; Student residence building; Albert A. Murphree; Historic district; Alachua County (Fl.); College campuses --- Florida --- Gainesville.