Edward P Hooker Hall 2 Rollins College, Winter Park, Fl.
Hooker Hall was named after, the first President of Rollins College, Dr. Edward Payson Hooker (1838-1904). The building was originally used as housing for the Theta Kappa Nu fraternity then, in 1939, the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity moved in. Hooker was a Chi Psi at Middlebury College (Mu '54) and played an integral part in bringing the Chi Psi chapter, Alpha Mu Delta, to Rollins in 1977.
Today, Hooker Hall is home to the Chi Psi fraternity, and is known to many faculty and students as The Chi Psi Lodge. The dedication of Hooker Hall in 1937, as well as the Hooker Educational Building (which replaced the original church and Hooker Memorial in 1940), serves to commemorate Edward Payson Hooker, contribution to Winter Park and Rollins College.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Edward P Hooker Hall; Rollins College; Dr. Edward Payson Hooker; Residence hall; Chi Psi fraternity; Orange County (Fl.); College campuses --- Florida --- Winter Park.