Andrew Carnegie Hall
Andrew Carnegie Hall Entry Rollins College, Winter Park, Fl.
This is the entry door to the Carnegie Hall in the Rollins College, Winter Park, Fl.
Carnegie Hall was built between 1908 and 1909, and was formally opened as the school's first dedicated library building on February 18th, 1909. Funded by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation, the Carnegie Hall was Rollins first library.
Billionaire industrialist Andrew Carnegie, the building's namesake, donated a large portion of the funds used to construct the new library. Costing approximately $19,000, the library had over 8,000 square feet of space. While being used as a library from 1909 until 1951, Carnegie Hall also served as the school post office. Since the library was moved from Carnegie, the building has also housed a bookstore, admissions office, faculty offices, and human resources.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Andrew Carnegie Hall Entry; Andrew Carnegie Hall; Andrew Carnegie; Rollins College; Orange County (Fl.); College Campuses --- Florida --- Winter Park.