Anderson Hall Door UF, Gainesville, Fl.
Anderson Hall is a historic building located in the northeastern section of the University of Florida campus in Gainesville, Florida. The building houses the university's political science and religion departments, both a part of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Anderson Hall was designed by William Augustus Edwards, responsible for planning nearly all of the campus' early buildings, in Collegiate Gothic style. Construction began in 1912, and the building opened in October 1913 as Language Hall. In 1949, Anderson Hall was named after James Nesbitt Anderson, the first dean of the University of Florida College of Arts and Sciences and the first dean of the Graduate School at the University of Florida .
On June 27, 1979, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. It is also a part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places, NRIS #79000652 on April 20, 1989.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Anderson Hall Door; Anderson Hall; Entrance door; University of Florida; Collegiate Gothic style; James Nesbitt Anderson; Alachua County (Fl.); College campuses --- Florida --- Gainesville.